Wednesday 4 January 2017

Increasing the Smush - WIPster Style!




The Scale Creepers decided to do a Secret Santa this year.  I sent my miniature off to my given WIPster and shortly after received a present that then taunted me for nearly two weeks before we had an online opening session on Christmas Eve.

Some of you may be aware of my love of the Awesome ABC warriors. Well, my Secret Santa played a blinder! I had missed out on the Warlord/Mongoose Mongrol (having not anticipated it so quickly going out of production), but BLAM! I opened my present and there was the Smushmeister himself.

Increasing the Peace through excessive SMUSHING!
Here is a picture from the moment I opened the present - I was sooooo excited (Yes, I am a big child!).


Pure Metal Joy!
The model was sculpted as a running pose (see below), but I have always seen Mongrol as more of a gorilla-like power-house.

The original running pose - Image from Google

So, I tweaked the pose to fit what I had in my mind.
LARA!
This was such a joy to paint, taking a little over three hours in total. And here he is...

Yes, I know it's the same picture as the one at the top of the page.

I now have two of the Warriors painted (Well technically three, but Joe is Joe, whether in drag or not!). Here they are together:


That's all for now, but more ABC Warriors will follow later in 2017. Who would you like to see?




No comments:

Post a Comment